This post will be updated daily.
As a school our aim is to keep our children safe and well informed at all times, and in the current climate of ‘coronavirus’ main headline news every day, this continue to be at the forefront of our mind – giving our children information on how to wash hands and general hygiene, whilst managing factual information and guidance from the government. We are encouraging children to have a sensible, factual approach to the situation.
Taken from the BBC website: ( 16th March 2020 – 18.45)
In the first of a series of daily briefings on the virus, the prime minister – alongside the government’s chief scientific and medical advisers – said the key new measures are as follows:
- Everyone should avoid gatherings and crowded places
- By next weekend, those with the most serious health conditions must be “largely shielded from social contact for around 12 weeks”
- The UK is now “three weeks” behind Italy – the worst-hit country in Europe
- If one person in any household has a persistent cough or fever, everyone living there must stay at home for 14 days. Those people should, if possible, avoid leaving the house “even to buy food or essentials”
- Schools will not be closed for the moment
Please note: there is an increased time of isolation recommended.
You do not need to call NHS111 to go into self-isolation. If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 14 days contact NHS 111 online.
If you decide that it is necessary to stay at home please contact the school to inform them of your decision.
If you feel your child is well enough to do some learning at home during this period of self-isolation please look on your year group section of the website, under ‘Learning’.
We have made the decision in school today to cancel or postpone all events involving mixing with a large number of people.
- Y2 Sleeping with Sharks – postponed. Will rearrange when it is safe to do so – even if it is September!
- Sporting events – cancelled
- family open afternoons – cancelled
- PTFA meeting – postponed
- PTFA disco – postponed
- maths family workshops – postponed
- Mrs Becket and the bowls team practice
- Y4 visit to All Saints Church
As mentioned before, the children are encouraged (and supervised when possible) in washing their hands and the caretaker has increased the systems and procedures for cleaning the school.
We are also helping to keep Mrs Murt safe throughout the end of her pregnancy – we wish her all our love. We know how much she was wanting to spend as much time with Year 6 as possible, but she is now taking advice from her midwife.
Updated 17th March 2020
NHS. INFO ON IBUPROFEN – Please read!
Thank you as always for you support at this really challenging time of uncertainty.
We will keep you updated